Saturday 14 October 2017

Disabling a Laptop Keyboard

Ever run into that problem with a laptop keyboard where a key gets stuck down and just keeps repeating itself ad-infinitum? I have and it's extremely annoying plus the sound the computer makes while trying to deal with the constant keypresses is even worse. In the past I'd just bring up the Windows Device Manager and uninstall the keyboard drivers and continue using my USB keyboard, however after restarting my computer the Drivers would be reinstalled and the problem would start again.

There's an excellent article on TechTambayan which shows you how to deal with the problem, just by changing the installed Drivers for ones which are incompatible for your keyboard then disabling them.


As you can see in the above image, I've installed the Drivers for a Japanese keyboard and then I've disabled them.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: